MADISON, WIS. — The International Dairy Deli Bakery Association (IDDBA) will publish its annual What’s In Store report on Dec. 31.
In 2024, IDDBA will also be celebrating its 60th anniversary, the association said.
“This year is going to be a very special year for IDDBA and our member base,” said Whitney Atkins, vice president of marketing. “IDDBA has provided our members and industry resources to grow their business for 60 years. It only seemed fitting to kick off the new year with the digital What’s In Store 2024 — Food: the Biggest Influencer.”
The theme “Food: the Biggest Influencer” was chosen because of how much the food we eat influences our daily lives, Atkins said.
IDDBA shared six guiding trends ahead of the release:
- Food Influences Mind, Body, Spirit
- Food Influences Sourcing, Sustainability, Salary
- Food Influences Technology of Today and For Tomorrow
- Food Influences the Young, the Youngish and the Young at Heart
- Food Influences Community, Convenience and Cash Flow
- Food Influences Culture, Cuisine and Culinary Explosions
Heather Prach, IDDBA’s vice president of education and industry relations, said this year’s What’s In Store reporting will feature the following:
- Comprehensive look back at 2023
- International reporting from our partnership with Euromonitor International
- IDDBA’s new data portal, DataBytes|GlobalScope
- Monthly and quarterly data and trends from IDDBA’s Education Team
“Today’s marketplace changes and evolves at lightning speed,” Prach said. “The way IDDBA delivers the upcoming years’ trends to our members today is quite different than during the last six decades. One thing that remains the same is that the What’s In Store resource continues to deliver our members the tools needed to grow business.”
The live What’s In Store 2024 experience will take place at the IDDBA show June 9-11 in Houston.