“Consumers looking for high-protein options see meat snacks as a great option," said Michael Uetz, principal of Midan Marketing. "We are seeing many new meat snacks and varieties, especially from chicken, entering the space, and beef has expanded from traditional jerky to more diverse formats like smoked sticks, meat bars and snack packs.”
- 94% of consumers reported eating a form of animal protein in the last six months.
- Almost three quarters of consumers say they can’t imagine giving up the taste of beef.
- 9% of consumers describe their dietary preference as flexitarian.
- 87% of those flexitarians consume poultry at least weekly, and 67% consume red meat at least weekly.
- 73% of consumers said they snacked at least once a day, a 15% increase from 2021.
- 60% of consumers prefer branded fresh meat, and 23% of consumers consider brand a top decision factor when purchasing meat.
- 80% of consumers reported eating a form of animal protein in the last six months.
Source: Midan Marketing
- 56% of consumers increase their spending when they feel connected to a brand.
- 76% buy from them over a competitor.
Source: Tyson Foods