ARLINGTON, VA. — Through May 12, the public can vote for their favorite finalist in the People’s Pick category of the FMI — The Food Industry Association’s Store Manager Awards.
FMI will announce the People’s Pick winner along with four winners from the other categories in a live virtual event on its YouTube channel May 16 at 2 p.m. EST.
The four category winners will each receive a crystal award and $1,000. The People’s Pick winner will receive a unique trophy and $500.
The 12 FMI Store Manager Awards finalists across the four categories are the following:
Category A (1-49 Stores):
- Greg Glisch, Skogen’s Festival Foods
- Kevin Perino, ShopRite Supermarkets, Inc.
- Wander Rezende, Roche Bros.
Category B (50-199 Stores):
- Sean Conlon, Giant Food
- Brad Holt, Food City
- Patty Kuehn, SpartanNash
Category C (200-plus Stores):
- Anthony Gentry, Brookshire Grocery Company
- Delton Schafer, Albertsons Companies
- Joel White, The Kroger Co. (King Soopers-City Market)
Category D (International):
- Anton Bredenkamp, SPAR South Africa
- Ana Esther Estupian Rodriguez, SPAR Gran Canaria
- John Fox, SPAR Northern Ireland/Henderson Group
These finalists were selected from a group of 175 nominees and have been evaluated on how well they do the following:
- Generate sales growth
- Effectively communicate company and store goals and objectives
- Demonstrate team leadership in their store/company
- Provide exceptional customer service through in-store programs
- Improve community relations
“Our 2023 Store Manager Awards finalists overcame challenges, discovered innovative solutions, championed their associates, supported local communities and inspired people throughout the industry,” said Leslie G. Sarasin, president and CEO of FMI. “Woven throughout these major themes are profiles of industry champions.”
You can read about each of the finalists and vote in the People’s Pick category here.