WW, the new name for Weight Watchers, is partnering with Midwestern retail chain Hy-Vee on a series of fresh quick-prep meals.
The chef-inspired, nutritionist-approved meals are ready-to-eat in 10 minutes or less and are currently rolling out at more than 200 Hy-Vee grocery store locations across the Midwest.
"People are looking for nutritious meals that they can put together quickly at home, work or even on-the-go," says Stacey Mowbray, president of North America at WW. "Our WW Fresh meals feature quality ingredients inspired by WW Freestyle, our most livable and effective program ever, making it easier than ever to enjoy delicious meals without spending time prepping and cooking."
WW Fresh meals serve two people and range in price from $14 to $20. With all ingredients pre-prepped and proteins pre-cooked, meals are ready in three simple steps: combine, heat, and enjoy. The following six meals are rolling out at Hy-Vee grocery stores now:
- Beef Baja Bowl with Fire-Roasted Corn and Black Beans: Mexican flavors define this beef and veggie-loaded dish with green and red peppers, beans, onions, and corn topped with pico de gallo and crispy tortilla strips. (6 SmartPoints® value per serving)
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Roasted Chipotle Sauce and Pineapple Slaw: With a roasted-chipotle sauce as well as a lime salsa, these chicken tacos have just the right amount of kick. Enjoy them with the sweet slaw on the side or loaded into the tacos for crunch. (5 SmartPoints value per serving)
- Two-Cheese Butternut Squash Rotini with Bread Crumbs: A healthier version of mac-n-cheese with butternut squash, cheddar, parmesan, and a crispy panko bread crumb topping. (12 SmartPoints® value per serving)
- Dragon Bowl with Thai Peanut Sauce: A hearty vegan meal packed with nutritious ingredients—quinoa, butternut squash, and baby broccoli—and dressed up with a bold and flavorful spicy-sweet peanut sauce and a spritz of lime. (8 SmartPoints value per serving)
- Creamy Cavatappi with Parmesan, Chicken and Mushrooms: Rich like classic pasta Alfredo, this dish adds chicken breast, earthy mushrooms and asparagus to the mix. (7 SmartPoints value per serving)
- Lemon, Chicken & Kale Salad with Parmesan and Almonds: This dinner salad starts with greens and layers in chicken, cherry tomatoes and carrots. Honey-lemon dressing, parmesan and almonds are the finishing touches. (7 SmartPoints value per serving)