Albertsons Cos. plans to extend its Plated meal kit program to hundreds of its stores by the end of 2018.
Boise, Idaho-based Albertsons currently sells Plated kits in 40 stores in two major markets. Albertsons bought Plated in September.
“This is the next big step in our journey to enable everyone to enjoy fresh, delicious meals,” says Josh Hix, co-founder and CEO of Plated. “We’ve delivered millions of meals to Americans through our acclaimed subscription service, and now we’ll be able to meet and serve millions of new customers with an entirely new level of convenience.”
Hix also announced that in addition to accessing Plated via subscription, customers near hundreds of Albertsons stores will now be able to pick up last-minute or order online for on demand delivery.
“We are excited to have Plated meal kits in our stores,” says Pat Brown, Albertsons’ group vice president. “Plated’s culinary expertise allows us to offer customers, premium-quality, chef-designed recipes for amazing meals they can prepare at home.”
The six Plated dishes that are currently available for instore purchase at Albertsons include:
- Crunchy Chicken Milanese with Honey Mustard and Arugula
- Roasted Chicken au Jus with Orzo and Peas
- Beef Noodle Bowls with Dinosaur Kale and Mushrooms
- Steak Frites with Creamy Shallot Sauce and Sautéed Spinach
- Skillet Grandma Pie with Parmesan-Kale Salad
- Pine Nut–Crusted Salmon with Creamy Tomato Farro and Roasted Green Beans