GREENSBORO, N.C. — The Fresh Market has launched its annual holiday roundup campaign to raise money for Feeding America, a nonprofit organization that provides food to those in need.

According to the retailer, nearly 34 million people, including more than 9 million children, experience food insecurity in the United States.

To help those facing hunger through the holiday season, The Fresh Market will encourage shoppers to round up their purchases to the nearest dollar at checkout now through Dec. 31. The company said that just $1 helps provide at least 10 meals secured by Feeding America on behalf of local partner food banks.

The Fresh Market also said 100% of the funds raised through the campaign will be donated to Feeding America, which will redistribute 90% of the funds to local food banks. The other 10% will go to the Feeding America National Organization.

“The holiday round up campaign is part of The Fresh Market’s ongoing commitment to making a positive impact in the communities we do business,” said Jason Potter, president and CEO of The Fresh Market. "The holiday season is all about giving, and we want to make a difference. By simply rounding up their purchase, our guests can help support people in accessing the food everyone deserves and provide meals for those in need, making their holiday season a little brighter."