A team of industry leaders formed a food marketing board in conjunction with Niagara University in February of 2015 to create, build and inspire transformative programs and partnerships that position the food industry of Western New York at the pinnacle of global excellence, while enriching educational and service opportunities for students.
The latter objective will be fulfilled through a new food and consumer packaged good marketing concentration that is now being offered at Niagara University. Students interested in the concentration will be required to complete five core food marketing classes and master key required industry skills by participating in sponsored internship programs and industry certifications.
Each of the offered courses incorporates case studies and applications provided by industry members to enhance student knowledge of current industry issues and challenges. In addition, the classes will include significant participation by members of the advisory board.
The members of the Niagara University food marketing advisory board are:
- Chairman William J. Chiodo, EVP grocery sales, Acosta
- Robert Castellani, Niagara '64
- Drew Cerza, president, Just Wing It Productions
- Dr. Peggy Choong, professor of marketing, Niagara University
- Dr. Shawn Daly, professor of marketing, Niagara University
- Robert Denning, president and CEO, Perry's Ice Cream
- Bob Ferretti, team leader, The Clorox Company
- Paul Gorski, major gifts officer, Niagara University
- Michael Keating, senior vice presidnet for operations, Wegmans Food Markets Inc.
- Ken Marsh, team leader-Northeast, Coca-Cola
- Jamie McKeon, vice president of marketing, Rich Products Corp.
- John Persons, president and COO, Tops Friendly Markets
- Paul Peterson, vice president, Lactalis Dairy Co.
- Dr. Paul Richardson, director, MBA program, Niagara University
- Mark Serling, senior director of sales and marketing, Upstate Milk Cooperative
- John Zimmerman, senior vice president of business development, Rosina Food Products Inc.