BURLINGAME, CALIF. - Farmstead, one of the first online grocers to offer fresh, high-quality groceries, delivered for free, is nationally expanding a Refill & Save program that it has been testing in the San Francisco Bay area.
Refill & Save promotes select products to Farmstead’s weekly customers, who have an “always-on” cart with options to refill various staples at a discounted price. More than 70% of Farmstead’s Bay Area customers use Refill & Save. Mutually selected products are tagged with the Refill and Save button and are surfaced as recommended items to customers. Additionally, these products are also promoted in other marketing channels like email newsletters.
“Farmstead’s mission is to make same-day delivery of fresh groceries accessible and affordable to every online grocery shopper in the country,” said Pradeep Elankumaran, co-founder and chief executive officer of Farmstead. “Refill & Save is a powerful way for both national and local CPG brands to promote their products to Farmstead’s customers nationally who enjoy prices that are the same or lower than traditional grocers and free same-day delivery.”
The Refill & Save Program includes:
- Selected products are promoted to Farmstead’s weekly customers
- Products are tagged with a Refill and Save button
- Refill & Save products are surfaced as “recommended” items to customers
- Products are also promoted through marketing such as email newsletters
- Detailed data reports tracking sales, growth and retention
- Interested suppliers can learn more by emailing Farmstead at email@example.com.
With active hubs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham, NC, Farmstead has announced upcoming openings in Nashville, Tenn., Miami, and Austin, Tex., and has plans to open in at least 12 more markets this year.