- Sweet flavors can actually enhance the savory aspects of a deli meat’s taste, much like a dash of something spicy can bring out more subtle seasonings
- Sweeteners can offer a smoky taste without actually having to smoke the meat, meaning less investment and more profit
- Using a sweetener as opposed to heating elements ensures a higher consistency of flavor
- Even if you still want to slow roast or smoke your meats, a dash of sweetener can help maintain precious nutrients that are often lost in the heating process
- Sweeteners like these boast the ability to be free of many hot-button product label words, like sulphite, preservative, gluten and GMO
|Sign up for our free newsletters
Subscribe to Supermarket Perimeter's free newsletters to stay up to date with the latest grocery fresh perimeter news.