ARLINGTON, VA. — FMI – The Food Industry Association and IRI will host a webinar at 2 p.m. ET May 19, Accelerating The Power of Fresh in the Age of Inflation.
The webinar is the latest installment of IRI and FMI’s annual Top Trends in Fresh series.
“Right now, affordability is top of mind for consumers and inflation is negatively affecting their plans to travel, dine out and celebrate together — despite decreasing COVID concerns,” according to FMI. “This current consumer climate has big implications for the fresh area of the store.”
The one-hour webinar will seek to answer questions including:
- How is inflation changing shopper behavior in the fresh departments?
- For which fresh products are consumers most and least price-sensitive?
- Are promotions still happening right now? What about innovation?
- What can fresh food suppliers and retailers do this summer to effectively convey the excitement and differentiation potential of fresh products?
- What are the keys to winning share and driving incremental sales with fresh foods in this inflationary environment?
Speakers include Rick Stein, FMI’s vice president, fresh foods; Sally Lyons Wyatt, executive vice president and practice leader, Client Insights; and Jonna Parker, principal of the Fresh Center for Excellence at IRI.