NEWARK, DEL. — The International Fresh Produce Association (IFPA) will hold its Retail Conference June 9-10 in Chicago.
Attendees will discuss relevant insights and practical solutions to capitalize on the latest consumer trends, marketing strategies and technologies, according to IFPA.
Keynoters Anne-Marie Roerink of 210 Analytics and Joe Watson of IFPA will address consumer and industry trends, followed by a retail reaction panel. Attendees will then join breakout sessions on:
- strategies to combat the pressure on unit and volume sales,
- how to satisfy the impatient shopper,
- the original plant-based diet – produce,
- operational opportunities to overcome pressured profit margins,
- innovative, non-store-based models directly selling fresh fruit and vegetables to consumers, and
- sustainability and social responsibility
“When buyers and sellers get together, business happens. The produce community – from seed to store – will gather to learn about and address industry and consumer trends, build relationships, and enjoy networking opportunities, including golf,” said Shawn Peery, vice president of produce for Albertsons Companies. “I’ll be there, along with many other retailers, to take advantage of this conference so I can grow my business and satisfy my shoppers. Events like this allow us to learn, share, and strengthen relationships.”