ARLINGTON, VA. — FMI – The Food Industry Association has named the six winners of its annual Executive Leadership Awards.
The 2022 winners are Neal Berube, Jonathan Mayes, Steve Cahillane, Mike Stone, Todd Schnuck and Norman Mayne.
The awards were announced at FMI’s Midwinter Executive Conference in Orlando.
“From inflation and supply chain challenges to federal mandates and COVID-cautious consumers, food industry executives had the responsibility to navigate a barrage of new and complex issues throughout the last 24 months,” said Leslie Sarasin, FMI’s president and CEO. “Their forward-thinking solutions and refined expertise were crucial drivers of the industry’s resilience through turbulent times.”
The awards honor accomplishments in different areas of the retail grocery industry. Winners and their specific awards include:
- Herbert Hoover Award for Humanitarian Service: Neal Berube, president and CEO of Associated Food Stores, Inc. (retired)
- Esther Peterson Award for Customer Service: Jonathan Mayes, senior vice president and external affairs and chief diversity officer of Albertsons Companies (retired)
- William H. Albers Industry Relations Award: Steve Cahillane, chairman and CEO of Kellogg Company
- Robert B. Wegman Award for Entrepreneurial Excellence: Mike Stone, president and CEO of Mollie Stone's Markets
- Glen P. Woodard, Jr. Award for Public Affairs: Todd Schnuck, chairman and CEO of Schnuck Markets, Inc.