SPRINGDALE, ARK. – Tyson Foods Inc. announced a partnership with Woodlands, Texas-based Axiom Medical, an occupational health services and incident case management provider, to help case manage team members and their families affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Axiom will work with Tyson employees to provide:
- Health support and medical monitoring of ill workers or those who’ve been exposed to the virus.
- 24/7 telephone access to licensed medical professionals.
- Guidance on work clearances once employees have recovered.
- Education and best practices to reduce the spread of illness in the workplace.
“I am delighted that we have been able to help Tyson and their team members with the challenges presented by COVID-19,” said Mark Robinson, president and chief executive officer of Axiom Medical. “Tyson is an essential business critical to feeding America, and it is a privilege to contribute to keeping Tyson team members safe in the workplace.”
Tyson created a COVID-19 task force in January to implement measures to protect workers. Its efforts have resulted in:
- Taking worker temperatures before every shift and installing more than 150 infrared walk-through temperature scanners in its facilities to assist in this effort.
- Providing protective face masks to all team members and requiring that they use them while at work.
- Helping team members adhere to social distancing guidelines on the job by installing workstation and breakroom dividers, providing more breakroom space, erecting outdoor tents where possible for additional space for breaks, clearly marking appropriate 6-ft distances in common use areas, and staggering start times to avoid large gatherings as team members enter the facilities and designating monitors at each facility to help enforce social distancing.
- Partnering with Matrix Medical Network to help ensure the safety and health of team members and contractors as the company begins to reopen some facilities.
- Temporarily employing furloughed nurses and nursing students who will augment the current Tyson staff dedicated to managing the safe return to work process for team members.
“Our top priority is the health and safety of our team members, their loved ones and our communities,” said Tom Brower, senior vice president of Health and Safety for Tyson Foods. “The additional services Axiom provides will help to ensure our team members receive appropriate medical attention when they need it and can return to work safely. We care deeply about the welfare of every team member and are committed to providing them the best support as they help us maintain a healthy and stable food supply for the nation.”