Fifteen Novolex facilities have been honored for their efforts to keep their workers safe.
The Plastics Industry Association presented the awards, which recognize outstanding worksites, safety professionals and safety cultures. Awards are presented to facilities with safety records at three different levels (Gold, Silver and Bronze) for their exceptional, successful efforts to keep workers safe.
"The safety and well-being of our employees is a priority at Novolex," says Stan Bikulege, Novolex’s CEO and chairman. "That's why we're especially proud to be honored with these awards. We are grateful to our Health and Safety team and the 10,000 members of our Novolex family who work every day to ensure safety is at the heart of everything we do."
The SSA Program's Gold Distinguished Safety Awards recognize worksites with no occupational injuries or illnesses, as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), during 2018. The Novolex facilities presented with the Gold Award were:
- Shields, Shawano, Wisconsin
- Heritage Bag, Roanoke, Texas
- Hilex Poly, Richmond, Virginia
- Shields, Farmers Branch, Texas
- Shields, Garland, Texas
Silver Achievement Safety Awards are presented to worksites with no OSHA recordable occupational injuries or illnesses involving lost workdays or restricted work activity during 2018. The Novolex locations earning Silver Achievement Awards were:
- Shields, Caldwell, Ohio
- Hilex Poly, Shawano, Wisconsin
Bronze Special Recognition Awards are presented to those worksites with safety performance for 2018 that is 20 percent better than the national Total Recordable Cases (TRC) average for their North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code. The Novolex facilities recognized with Bronze Awards were:
- Hilex Poly, Jacksonville, Florida
- Hilex Poly, Milesburg, Pennsylvania
- Waddington North America, City of Industry, California
- Hilex Poly, North Vernon, Indiana
- Hilex Poly Recycle, North Vernon, Indiana
- Waddington North America, Lancaster, Texas
- Heritage Bag, Lebanon, Tennessee
- Hilex Poly, Carrollton, Texas