H-E-B announced plans for its first Lubbock, Texas location, continuing the retailer's push into the western side of its home state.
The Austin-based company says the new store will eclipse 120,000 square feet and will open in late 2020. The location will include a fuel station with car wash, a Texas Tech collegiate shop and True Texas BBQ, H-E-B's lauded barbecue restaurant, which was recently named the best barbecue chain by Texas Monthly.
“The wait for Lubbock residents is finally over. We’re extremely excited to announce that H-E-B is coming to the Hub City,” says Scott McClelland, president of H-E-B Food & Drug. “Our locations across West Texas continue to thrive, and the Lubbock store will allow us to answer the long-standing call for an H-E-B in this community.”
Other features in the planned store include:
- Meal Simple department with fresh, convenient chef-inspired meals prepared in store
- Seafood department with fresh fish and seafood, and in-house steamers for steamed seafood upon request and grab-and-go options
- Meat market with Prime, natural, and organic meats, dry-age beef and fully-cooked options
- Large beer and wine section with extensive craft beer selection and wine tasting kiosk
- Deli department with expanded cheese selection
- Cooking Connection with live demonstrations and samplings for easy recipes to make at home
- A bakery department featuring handmade artisan breads, cakes and tortilla machine
- H-E-B Curbside, which allows customers to place orders online for pickup at the store