Specialty cheese industry leader FrieslandCampina will spotlight two new brands at this year’s IDDBA show.
The recently acquired Parrano and Gayo Azul brands both boast several products that will be on display at IDDBA.
Parrano cheeses capture the nutty flavor and buttery aroma of a fine aged Parmesan and finish with the smooth creamy texture of a Dutch Gouda, versatile enough to cut, shred and melt. Parrano cheeses, with comments by FrieslandCampina, include:
- Parrano Originale - A one-of-a-kind Cheese aged for five months, developing its nutty Parmesan flavors while maintaining the firm, smooth texture of a Gouda.
- Parrano Truffle - Parrano Truffle follows the original recipe for Parrano, blending the flavors of a nutty, salty Parmesan and the creamy sweetness of a Gouda, but includes a generous amount of black truffle shavings for a complex flavor like no other.
Gayo Azul offers a range of traditional Dutch cheeses as well as fresh white grilling cheeses. Some of the Gayo Azul varieties include:
- Gayo Azul Dutch Gouda – this versatile cheese is perfect for boards, slicing, shredding, and melting in any recipe.
- Gayo Azul Dutch Edam – this cheese has a savory flavor with a firm bite.
- Gayo Azul Queso Blanco – a mild and fresh tasting white cheese with a crumbly texture that melts well while still keeping its shape. Great for crumbling on salads, soups and tacos and is perfect for grilling.
- Gayo Azul Queso Freir - Mild and fresh tasting with a white color and crumbly texture. Able to be fried and hold its shape.