For the 12th consecutive year, ITW Food Equipment Group, the parent company of Hobart, Baxter, Traulsen, Vulcan, Wolf, Stero, Wittco and other equipment brands, has earned the nation’s highest honor for energy efficiency.
ITW is a winner of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence Award. In addition to winning Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence awards every year 2010, ITW also won ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year awards in 2008 and 2009.
“For a dozen years now, we have been building a strong partnership with the ENERGY STAR program and the EPA and we are proud to say today that it is stronger than ever,” says Lei Schlitz, ITW’s executive vice president, ITW Food Equipment Group. “At ITW Food Equipment Group, we are committed to delivering energy and resource efficiency in our products because it’s important to our customers, the right thing for our industry, and an imperative for the world.”
A highlight of ITW Food Equipment Group’s energy efficient equipment and technology introductions in 2018 and 2019 include:
- An 8% increase in the availability of ENERGY STAR certified models.
- ENERGY STAR certification for Vulcan’s ECO2 ½ Size Electric Convection Oven and VC4 and VC6 Series Electric Convection Ovens, which made Vulcan the only convection oven manufacturer to achieve ENERGY STAR certification for all of its ovens.
- Conversion of multiple Traulsen refrigeration equipment production lines to low global warming potential refrigerants that maintain or improve on prior model energy usage.
- The introduction of the food service equipment industry’s most efficient flight type dishwasher, the Hobart FT1000e.
- The launch of a new total cost of ownership calculator for the Hobart brand’s dishwashing line, which calculates the water and energy savings that can be realized when comparing a new, ENERGY STAR-certified dish machine with any other legacy dish machine.