Fresh Thyme Farmers Markets, a new specialty grocer featuring healthy and organic value-priced offerings, announced February 19 the Midwest chain will open over 60 new stores and create approximately 5,000 new jobs throughout the Midwest over the next five years. The company's first market will open in Mt. Prospect, Ill., this spring, followed by eight more grand openings throughout the remainder of this year.
"Fresh Thyme Farmers Markets will be a completely NEW grocery format for the Midwest," stated Chris Sherrell, President and CEO Fresh Thyme Farmers Markets. "We've taken the experience of an outdoor farmers market and combined it with the convenience of a full-service grocery store. Shoppers will enjoy value priced natural and organic items throughout our store, making healthy food more attainable to the masses."
"Our markets answer the Midwest's demand for fresh, healthy, natural and organic food, all at great prices, in a convenient and inviting format," added Sherrell. "We're excited to bring the farmers market concept to the area and create 5,000 new jobs in the next five years."
The heart of Fresh Thyme Farmers Markets' 28,000 square foot stores will be bountiful produce, including locally sourced and organic fruits and vegetables all at incredible values. Additional features of the markets include:
- Over 400 bins of natural and organic bulk items and small batch locally roasted premium coffee beans
- A butcher shop featuring all-natural handmade sausage made daily in store, offering over a dozen varieties
- Specialty items such as gluten-free and dairy-free products
- A full dairy section, which sources local Midwest items
- Fresh Thyme Kitchen featuring healthy prepared salads and meals as well as a full salad bar, made-to-order sandwiches and a bakery featuring artisan breads