Spice and flavor specialist McCormick & Co. Inc. has moved into its new global headquarters.
The state-of-the-art facility in Hunt Valley, Maryland, brings together 1,000 employees who had previously worked in four different buildings.
"Our move to one global headquarters is a transformative step for McCormick – it exemplifies our continued commitment to the Baltimore region and the future of our truly global company," McCormick’s president and CEO, Lawrence Kurzius, said at a ribbon-cutting ceremony Oct. 2. "Our new location fosters greater collaboration and innovation, while also enhancing McCormick's sustainability, improving employee health and wellness and bringing our passion for flavor to life. We are thrilled to be in this new space and I look forward to the great work we'll do here together."
The new headquarters features:
- Open floor plans with a wide variety of workspaces, huddle rooms, think tanks and collaboration spaces that provide employees with the ability to choose the environment that best suits their needs and preferences
- State-of-the-art test kitchens for product development and flavor innovation
- A brand-new employee café that showcases McCormick's many global brands and culinary innovations
- A gourmet coffee bar, as well as pantries at the center of each floor, which serve as hubs for employee connection
- Onsite culinary education, incorporating high-end cooking equipment and an extensive curriculum