Asian grocery chain H Mart’s newest store has a food hall with several foodservice options.
Lyndhurst, New Jersey-based H Mart’s new store in Austin, Texas, which opened Feb. 15, is the first H Mart to have a food hall, according to a story on kxan.com.
The store’s Market Eatery, as the food hall has been dubbed, features a variety of retail foodservice offerings, including:
- Katsu: Cutlets, omelets and pasta
- Lai Lai: Chinese food
- MIX: Korean snack food
- Momo Sushi: Japanese sushi
- Snow Monster: Shaved ice, boba tea and waffles
- Sogongdong Tofu House: Korean tofu soup and comfort food
- Sunday BBQ: Korean barbecue
- Sunday Bird: Korean fried chicken
- Tous Les Jours: Korean bakery
- Let Them Talk: a no-tip bar with 99 cent beers
Founded in 1982, H Mart has more than 50 stores and plans to open 15 more in 2018, according to the story. About half of the new stores will have a Market Eatery.