Retail grocery news, highlighted by Amazon’s purchase of Whole Foods Market, made an annual list of Top 10 food stories.
The Amazon/Whole Foods deal was the top food-related story of 2017, according to Hunter Public Relations’ annual Food News Study. The study, conducted in partnership with Libran Research & Consulting, surveyed 1,000 American adults.
Meal kits and avocado prices were among the other fresh grocery-related stories that made the list:
- Amazon Acquires Whole Foods Market
- Another Food Safety Scare at Chipotle
- Nearly 2.5 Million Pounds of Tyson Chicken Products Recalled
- Trump Takes Aim at School Lunch Guidelines
- Restaurant Chains Now Deliver
- Proposed Tariff on Mexican Imports to Fund "Wall" Means Americans Will Pay More for Food & Beverages
- There's a Meal Kit for Everyone
- (TIE) Unicorn Food is Colorful, Sparkly and Everywhere
- (TIE) FDA Delays Rollout of New Nutrition Labels
- Avocado Prices Stabilize