Poke and soft pretzels top the list of takeout foods that gained the most traction in 2017, according to one estimate.
Chicago-based Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food-ordering company, analyzed the trendiest delivery dishes of 2017 and forecasted what could be hot in 2018.
The most popular dishes of 2017 include:
- Poke (643 percent increase in popularity)
- Soft pretzels (221 percent)
- Avocado toast (212 percent)
- Chips and queso (163 percent)
- Acai bowl (138 percent)
- Chicken fried steak (130 percent)
- Bean and cheese burrito (127 percent)
- Italian sandwich (125 percent)
- Chicken dum biryani (123 percent)
- Mini corn dogs (109 percent)
- California cobb salad (108 percent)
- Snow crab legs (106 percent)
Looking ahead, Grubhub forecasts big gains in 2018 for lettuce chicken wraps, poke, bulgogi bibimbap, roasted cauliflower and spicy tonkotsu ramen.