Joe Sheetz, president and CEO of Altoona, Pennsylvania-based convenience store chain Sheetz Inc., has been named chairman of the National Association of Convenience Stores.
Sheetz began serving his one-year term at NACS’s annual show Oct. 17-20 in Chicago. Sheetz, who has also served as NACS’s treasurer, vice chairman — legislative and vice chairman — research, succeeds Rahim Budhwani of Birmingham, Alabama-based 6040 LLC.
Also at the show, NACS named five new members to its board of directors:
- Joseph DePinto, president and CEO, 7-Eleven Inc.;
- Chuck Maggelet, CEO, Maverik Inc.;
- Charlie McIlvaine, chairman and CEO, Coen Oil Company;
- Billy Milam, president, RaceTrac Petroleum Inc.; and
- Rachel Wallis-Andreasson, board of directors, Wallis Companies.