Food Marketing Institute announced the winners of its 2917 Store Manager Awards on Monday at Future Leaders eXperience.
"In today's shifting food retail landscape, store managers must possess a unique mixture of skills to keep their stores on a successful path of smooth operations, quality customer service, meaningful community involvement and inviting shopping atmosphere," says FMI President and CEO Leslie G. Sarasin. "It's clear the exemplary leadership demonstrated by each of the winners inspires their teams to daily do their best, lean into challenges and stay a step ahead."
Each winner receives a $1,000 prize and a crystal award. The winners are:
- Category A (1-49 stores) — Gary Casterline, ShopRite of Hunterdon County, Phillipsburg, NJ
- Category B (50-199 stores) — Ricky Myers, D&W Fresh markets, SpartanNash, Grand Rapids, MI
- Category C (200-plus store) — Sally Angulo, Fry's Food Stores, The Kroger Co., Phoenix, AZ
- Category D (International) — Clive Gould, SPAR Glenacres, Kempton Park, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Store Manager People's Pick — John Snavely, Food 4 Less, The Kroger Co., Coachella, CA