Wawa’s foodservice operations earned a high honor on Tuesday when it was awarded a Silver Plate from the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association.
The c-store retailer was the winner in the Retail & Specialty Foodservice category, which includes foodservice operations in supermarkets, department stores, clubs, recreational facilities, correctional institutions, theme parks, stadiums and more.
Seven other category winners join Wawa in vying for the Gold Plate Award, which will be announced at the 63rd Annual Gold & Silver Plate Awards Celebration on May 20 in Chicago. Silver Plate winners are nominated by IFMA members and industry leaders. Wawa — namely President and CEO Chris Gheysens — was nominated by Nestle Professional.
The other Silver Plate winners include:
- Independent Restaurants/Multi-Concept — Wolfgang Puck, Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group
- Chain Full Service — G.J. Hart, California Pizza Kitchen
- Chain Limited Service — Chris Newcomb, Newk’s Eatery
- Health Care — Patti Oliver, UCLA Health
- Elementary & Secondary Schools — Betty Wiggins, Detroit Public Schools
- Colleges & Universities — Ted Faulkner, Virginia Tech
- Business & Industry/Foodservice Management — Jeff Metz, Metz Culinary Management